Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contract
(Scope of Application)
Article 1. The Accommodation Contract and related agreements to be entered into between the Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subjected to these Terms and Conditions.And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practice.
2.In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practice,not with standing the preceding paragraph,the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(Application for Accommodation Contract)
Article 2.A person who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars;
- address,name,age,sex,nationality and occupation of the person(s);
- date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- accommodation charges(Based,in principle,on the Basic Accommodation Tariff listed in Attached Table No.1);and
- other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2.In the case when the Guest requests,during his or her stay,extension of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph(2),it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such a request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contract,etc.)
Article 3.An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article.However,the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2.The deposit shall be first appropriated for the accommodation charges to be paid by the Guest,then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6,thirdly to the reparations under Article 17 as applicable,and the remainder,if any,shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the accommodation charges as stated in Article 11.
3.When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date specified by the Hotel as stipulated in Paragraph 2,the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid.However,the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
(Spesial Contract Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
Article 4.Notwithstanding the provisions in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article,the Hotel may enter into a special contract not requiring the accommodation deposit after the Contracted has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
2.In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract is accepted,it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contract)
Article 5.The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- when the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- when the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- when the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself or herself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to the accommodation;
- when the Guest seeking accommodation can be detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- when the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the accommodation;
- when the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to the Act of God,failure of the equipment and/or other unavoidable causes;or
- when the Guest seeking accommodation says or does an action that disturbs other guests of the Hotel.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed to be a designated organized crime syndicate and a member of a designated organized crime syndicate etc. under “Act on Prevention, etc. of Unjustifiable Acts by Members of Crime Syndicates” (Enacted in March 1, 1992) (hereafter referred to as “an organized crime syndicate” and “a member of organized crime syndicate” or to linked to a organized crime syndicate, or any antisocial organizations.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation can be detected as a corporation or other groups of which business activities are under control of an organized crime syndicate or a member of organized crime syndicate
10. When the Guest seeking accommodation is a corporation which any of directors are proven to be a member of an organized crime syndicate.
11. When the Guest seeking accommodation has used violence to, assaulted, threatened, blackmailed and made threatening and unreasonable demands to the Hotel or the employees of the Hotel, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden, or is deemed to have conducted similar acts in the past.
12. When it is feared that the Guest is clearly detected as being in a state of intoxication etc. and may disturb other guests of the Hotel.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contract by the Guest)
Article 6.The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel. 2.In the case when the Guest has canceled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit by the specified date as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has canceled accommodation before the payment),the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Attached Table No.2.However,in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded,the same shall apply only when the Guest has been informed of the obligation of the payment of can cellation charged in case of cansellation by the Guest.
3.In the case when the Guest does not appear by 22:00 of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel has been notified of it) without an advance notice,the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being canceled by the Guest.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contact by the Hotel)
Article 7.The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contact under any of the following cases;
- when a clarification of the particulars in Paragraph 1 of Article 2 has been requested and complies with,within the designated period;
- when payment of accommodation deposit as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 has been requested and not complied with,within the designated period,
- when applicable under any of Paragraphs 3 to 12 of Article 5;or
- when the Guest conducts prohibited actions such as smoking inbed, mischief to the fire fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the Richmond Hotel Rules of Conduct.
2.In the case when the Hotel has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph,the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services that the Guest has not received.
Article 8.The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation;
1. address,name,age,sex,nationality and occupation of the person(s);
2. f the Guest does not have the Japanese nationality,the passport number,and the port and date of entry in Japan;
3. check of the actual passport and its photocopying;
4. place of accommodation on the previous day;
5. estimated date and time of departure;and
6. other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
(Occupancy Hours of Guestrooms)
Article 9.The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guestroom of the Hotel from 14:00 to 11:00 the next morning.However,in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously,the Guest may occupy it all day long,except for the days of arrival and departure.
2.The Hotel may,notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding Paragraph,permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph.In this case,extra charges shall be paid.
(Observance of Richmond Hotel Rules of Conduct)
Article 10.The Guest shall observe the Richmond Hotel Rules of Conduct established by the Hotel,which are posted with in the premises of the Hotel.
(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
Article 11.The breakdown and method of calculation of the accommodation charges that the Guest shall pay is as listed in Attached Table No.1.
2.Accommodation charges as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid in Japanese currency or by a credit card or hotel ticket recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of registration or upon request by the Hotel.
3.Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for the Guest by the Hotel and are at the disposal of the Guest.
(Liabilities of the Hotel)
Article 12.The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damages if the Hotel has caused such damages to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements.However,the same shall not apply in the case when such damages have beencaused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
2.The reaponsibility of the Hotel for accommodation begins from the time the Guest registers at the front desk,and terminates when the guest leaves the room to depart.
3.The Hotel is covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters
(Handling when the Hotel is Unable to Provide Contracted Guestroom)
Article 13.The Hotel shall,when unable to provide contracted room,arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2.When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph,the Hotel shall pay the Guest acompensation fee equivalent to the cancellation changes and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations.However,when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable,the Hotel does not compensate the Guest.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
Article 14.The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damages when loss,breakage or other damage is caused to the goods,cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest,except in the case when this occurred due to cases of force majeure.However for cash and valuables but the Guest has failed to do so,the Hotel shall compensate the Guest withinthe limit of 50,000 yen.
2.The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damages when loss,breakage or other damage is caused,through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel,to the goods,cash or valuables that are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk.However,for articles of which the kinds and values have not been reported in advance by the Guest,the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 50,000 yen.
3.Articles such as works of art and antiques,however,may not be deposited.
(Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest)
Article 15.When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival,the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel.The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
2.When the baggage or belonging of the Guest is found left after his check-out,and no instructions is given to Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed,the Hotel shall keep the article for 30 days including the day it is found,and after this period,the Hotel shall dispose it. Food and drinks may be disposed the next day.
3.The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belonging in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1,and with the provisions of Paragraph2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
(Liability in Regard to Parking)
Article 16.The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilized the parking facility in contract with the Hotel,as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking,whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not.However,the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damages caused through intention or negligence on the part of the parking facility in contract with the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking facility.
(Liability of the Guest)
Article 17.The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damages caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Article 18.Guests shall be liable for any use of computer communication services within the Hotel. The Hotel shall not be liable for any possible damages that may be caused by a systems failure or any other reasons while the computer communication services are being used. In addition, the Guest may be required to compensate the Hotel and third parties for any possible damages caused by the acts that we judge to be an inappropriate use of the computer communication systems.
Article 19.These terms and conditions are provided in both Japanese and English and Korean and Chinese. In case of a discrepancy between the Japanese original, English, Korean and Chinese translations, the Japanese version shall take precedence.
Attached Table No.1:Calculation Method for Accommodation
Charges for Hotel(Ref.Paragraph 1 of Article 2,Paragraph2 of Article 3 and Paragraph 1 of Article 11)
Remark:These charges are subject to change in case of amendment of the tax laws concerned.
Attached Table No.2:Cancellation Charges for Hotel (Ref.Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
The public（To 14 people）No Show100% that day80% day before20%
A group（To 15-99 people）No Show100% that day80% day before40% before 9th10%
A group（More than 100 people）No Show100% that day100% day before80% before 9th20% before 20th10%
1. The percentage figures signify the rates of cancellation charge to the accommodation charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened,the cancellation charges for its final day shallbe paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (available for 15 persons for more)is canceled,the cancellation charges shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of ten days prior to the occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy,as of the acceptance date),with fractions counted as a whole number.